This was the rallying cry of a proud progressive rapper by the name of Azealia Banks. This barbarian had the following to say after reading a satirical article about Sarah Palin:
The folks at the Media Research Center captured her Tweets prior to Ms. Banks realizing that she probable should’ve thought twice about letting her real opinions flow out her fingers. Ms. Banks comments are as glorious as Playboy’s “hate-fuck“ list they put out a few years back. Ms. Banks subsequently wrote an apology letter where she didn’t actually apologize and calls herself “extremely intelligent.” Ms. Banks’ apology letter is about as intelligent as her other rantings such as this gem in a Playboy interview:
“‘I get annoyed with the fact that I’m even asked to explain myself. Why do I have to explain this to y’all?’ Banks asked. ‘My little white fans will be like, ‘Why do you want reparations for work you didn’t do?’ Well, you got handed down your grandfather’s estate and and you got to keep your grandmother’s diamonds and pearls and sh*t.’”
If Banks is as intelligent as she claims to be how did she miss the “facts” feature on the Newslo article?
Looking at some of Banks’ other glorious comments:
The “War on Poverty“, Social Security, and Medicare hasn’t transferred enough wealth for her? I’m sure that Bernie’s National Socialism will take care of that when he becomes Chairman in 2016. I wonder if she’ll demand reparations from the descendants of black tribes who sold other Africans into slavery?
I didn’t realize that Banks had anything coherent or cohesive to say or “sing.” Is this trash considered to be art? I thought that saying “nigger” was abhorrent to progressives?
More fine commentary.
Since when have progressives believed in free speech?
I wonder why Twitter’s Trust and Safety Council had nothing to say? I suppose that it’s OK when progressives call for physical violence and rape against their political opponents. I also guess that Ms. Banks’ comments just didn’t fit Twitter’s list of unacceptable behavior. From Twitter’s Rules:
- Violent threats (direct or indirect): You may not make threats of violence or promote violence, including threatening or promoting terrorism.
- Harassment: You may not incite or engage in the targeted abuse or harassment of others. Some of the factors that we may consider when evaluating abusive behavior include:
- if a primary purpose of the reported account is to harass or send abusive messages to others;
- if the reported behavior is one-sided or includes threats;
- if the reported account is inciting others to harass another account; and
- if the reported account is sending harassing messages to an account from multiple accounts.
- Hateful conduct: You may not promote violence against or directly attack or threaten other people on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, religious affiliation, age, disability, or disease. We also do not allow accounts whose primary purpose is inciting harm towards others on the basis of these categories.
As always, be sure to share this post with your progressive